Disability Claims for Attorneys
Disability Lawyer Assisting Attorneys with LTD Claims
As an attorney, you likely understand that some processes can become very complicated and challenging. In such cases it might be best to hire an experienced disability claim attorney. If you have purchased your own long term disability coverage, and need to file a claim, you are likely going to experience one of those complicated processes; many individuals who file claims are denied on their first attempt, despite clearly demonstrating qualification under their LTD plans.
At the law firm of Burke Harvey, LLC, we understand how tempting it can be to traverse the long term disability claims alone. As an attorney, you probably have a fine grasp of what is required of you; however, just like we would struggle to offer criminal defense guidance or bankruptcy advice, you may encounter difficulties that we can help you avoid. With more than 50 years of combined experience, our disability claims attorneys have the skills and knowledge needed to help you address the many steps involved in the LTD claims and appeals processes.
Our insight into the long term disability claims process allows us to offer advice on the many steps involved in filing an initial claim or appealing a denied claim, including:
- Gathering all necessary information, including medical bills, doctors’ statements and accounting information
- Completing the necessary forms in a clear and concise manner
- Timing your claim to offer the best chance of a successful approval
- Understanding the reasoning behind a denied claim
- Addressing any missing information or improperly submitted claims
- Filing an internal appeal with the insurance company
- Filing an ERISA lawsuit to have your case reviewed by a federal judge
While it may not be necessary for you to complete all of these steps, it is important to prepare for every contingency from the very beginning. Our LTD attorneys will help you file your initial claim as though it were being reviewed by a federal judge, instead of the insurance company. After all, in long term disability matters, no amount of information and documentation is ever really enough.
Contact our office online or call 888-880-9046 to discuss your specific long term disability concerns with one of our experienced attorney disability claims lawyer today.