Dealing With Insurance Companies - Burke Harvey, LLC | Injury & Accident Lawyers in Birmingham, Alabama
Dealing With Insurance Companies & LTD Issues
While you probably never dreamt that you would need to file a claim under your long term disability insurance policy, knowing that you have support should you need it is always helpful. When it does become necessary to file a claim, you expect your insurance company to keep their end of the bargain and pay you the benefits you are entitled to; after all, you’ve paid all of your premiums and worked hard to earn your coverage. Unfortunately, many insurance companies deny a large percentage of claims, sometimes on the grounds that they simply do not wish to pay.
At the law firm of Burke Harvey, LLC, we know how difficult it can be to deal with insurance companies, especially when you are relying on them for financial support while you are unable to work. Our disability attorneys have learned several strategies for dealing with insurance companies, and have successfully assisted countless clients during their search for LTD benefits.
LTD Attorneys with Proven Methods Dealing With Insurance Companies
Our firm believes that when dealing with insurance companies, you should always:
- Keep detailed notes of your interactions
- Maintain a record of phone calls, e-mails and letters
- Compile all of your medical records and doctors’ notes
- Be sure to understand your coverage policy
- Keep them informed of changes to your condition
- Remember that you have the right to independent medical care
- Stand up for your rights – do not be intimidated into dropping your claim
- Note that it’s possible to file an initial claim, but it’s much easier with a lawyer
- Hire an attorney if you have had your claim denied
While many people choose to file an initial claim for long term disability benefits without legal counsel, the process can be confusing and difficult, especially when you are in pain. We suggest hiring an attorney to help with your claim, especially if you have received notice that your initial claim has been denied.
Our staff has the skill and the backbone to help you stand up to the insurance companies; we will not allow you to be intimidated or bullied into dropping your claim or accepting a reduced benefits payment. In short, we will not rest until we have exhausted every option during your pursuit of long term disability benefits.
Contact our office online or call 888-880-9046 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your specific long term disability concerns with one of our experienced disability lawyers.