The federal government recently filed a lawsuit against Vanguard Healthcare LLC. The nursing home company based in Brentwood, Tennessee allegedly submitted false claims to Medicare and TennCare on behalf of its senior residents and failed to provide them with even the most basic nursing services. In fact, the lawsuit claims that residents suffered “pressure ulcers, falls, dehydration and malnutrition among other harm” due to negligence in care. According to the news release sent from the office of U.S. Attorney David Rivera, these false claims were for skilled nursing home services that were “either non-existent or grossly substandard” and included forged physician and nurse signatures.
Negligence and false claims were made at six Vanguard facilities including:
- The Boulevard Terrace and Rehabilitation Center in Murfreesboro
- Crestview Health and Rehabilitation in Nashville
- Glen Oaks Health and Rehabilitation in Shelbyville
- Imperial Gardens Health and Rehabilitation in Madison (now closed)
- The Manchester Healthcare Center in Manchester
- Poplar Point Health and Rehabilitation in Memphis
As a result, the nursing home company is facing up to $240,000 in fines.
If you or someone you love has suffered negligence while in nursing home care, please contact Burke Harvey to discuss your rights and important next steps.